URBAN GREENERY NATURAL RICHNESS OF A CITY
IV Scientific-Technical Conference
Toruń, 9-11 October 2008
under the auspices of
Mayor of the City of Toruń Michał Zaleski
Nowadays, arranged greenery is an extremely significant element of roadway. Originally it serves useable functions regarding road and its neighboring area. Changing transport systems, attempts to adapt existing road infrastructure to the growing needs of traffic cause that the roadside greenery and the way of its arrangement are becoming an increasing problem. The hottest issues include: changing aims and functions of the roadside greenery, new ways and principles of designing it, methods of protection and conservation, and traffic safety issues.
Having in mind the issues indicated above, as well as numerous opinions and suggestions of the participants of previous conferences: “Urban greenery- the natural richness of the city”, the organizers decided to dedicate the next edition to the significant issues connected with the roadside and street-side greenery.
SEE YOU IN TORUŃ
Subject area of the conference:
– role and functions of the street-side and roadside greenery,
– street-side greenery as an element of the urban greenery system
– principles of creating plans and designing areas of street-side and roadside greenery
– management, protection and conservation of the street side and roadside greenery
– arrangement of the roadway greenery versus traffic safety